22 nd Sunday in Ordinary Time


September
The month of September is dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows whose memorial the Church celebrates on September 15.
CHAPLET OF THE SEVEN SORROWS OF MARY
This devotion, instituted in the course of the thirteenth century, honours the Sorrows endured by the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is recited on a Rosary
comprised of seven decades containing seven beads in each decade. Each decade of seven is divided from the rest by medals representing the seven principal sorrows of Her life.
The chaplet is said by offering a Hail Mary on each of the beads, with an Our Father each seven Hail Mary's. Completion of the chaplet requires three Hail Mary's at the end in honour of the sorrowful tears of Our Lady.
First Sorrow: Reflect on the sorrow of Our Blessed Lady, when She presented Her Divine Child in the Temple and heard from the aged Simeon that a sword of grief would pierce Her soul.
Second Sorrow: Reflect on Her sorrow when, to escape the cruelty of King Herod, She was forced to fly into Egypt with St. Joseph and Her Beloved Child. Pray for those who kill children today by abortion.
Third Sorrow: Reflect on Her grief when, in returning from Jerusalem, She found that She had lost Her dear Jesus, Whom She sought for three days.
Fourth Sorrow: Reflect on Her meeting Her divine Son, all bruised and bleeding, carrying His Cross to Calvary, and seeing Him fall under its heavy weight.
Fifth Sorrow: Reflect on Her standing by, when Her Divine Son was lifted up on the Cross and the blood flowed in streams from His Sacred Wounds.
Six Sorrow: Reflect on Her sorrow, when Her Divine son was taken down from the Cross, and placed in Her arms.
Seven Sorrow: Reflect on Her following His Sacred Body as it was borne by Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus to the sepulchre.

 
Back to School
The holidays are almost over and it’s back again to school.
At the beginning of this school year we wish parents, teachers and pupils a happy and a successful year. We ask God to bless them and all those who work at keeping our schools running smoothly and looking well. As well as those going to national school, we Prayerfully remember all those who are beginning secondary school or going to third level institutions, an apprenticeship etc. So, as we all begin a new, may our undertakings be guided by God’s inspiration and grow with his help.
Vocations
For twenty centuries now, people have been called to devote their lives to Jesus, and to serving his people with undivided hearts. Christian communities have always needed leaders who would speak God’s Word to them, who would celebrate His presence with them in the Eucharist and the other sacraments, and who would be living signs of his love, especially for the poor or those in difficulty of any kind.
“If Jesus calls you, do not be afraid to respond to him with generosity. Trust in Him and you will not be disappointed.”
Pope Benedict XVI
 
Reflection of a Parent
I gave you life,
But cannot live it for you.
I gave you direction
But I cannot be there to lead you.
I can take you to Church,
But I cannot make you believe.
I can teach you right from wrong,
But I cannot always decide for you.
I can buy you beautiful clothes,
But I cannot make you beautiful inside.
I can offer you advice,
But cannot accept it for you.
I can give you love,
But I cannot force it upon you.
I can teach you to share,
But I cannot make you unselfish.
I can teach you respect,
But I cannot force you to show honour.
I can advice you about friends,
But I cannot choose them for you.
I can advise you about sex,
But I cannot keep you pure.
I can tell you about alcohol and drugs,
But I can’t say “No” for you.
I can tell you about lofty goals,
But I can’t achieve them for you.
I can teach you about kindness,
But I can’t force you to be gracious.
I can pray for you,
But I cannot make you walk with God.
I can tell you to live,
But I cannot give you eternal life.
I can love you with unconditional love all of my life
.................................. And I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment